Call for Papers
We are calling for the submission of contributions to the conference!
Abstracts are welcome from both social and natural sciences and should be submitted latest by 15.05.2018.
We call for the submission of contributions addressing one or several of the following topics:
• the relevance of migration for development, rural livelihoods, and for adaptation to climate change;
• the impacts of (especially, but not exclusively, slow onset) climate and environmental changes on rural livelihoods and vulnerability, and on migration;
• the role of translocal social practices of migrants and households of origin for adaptation and social resilience;
• translocal social networks and their role for coping, adaptation, and transformation for rural areas;
• the linkages of migration and adaptation in local, national, and international governance contexts;
• conceptualizing and empirically operationalizing the relationships of migration, social resilience, and climate change adaptation;
• empirical contributions on the relationship between environmental change, migration, and transformation in rural areas (of origin).
Please send your abstract (for both poster and oral presentations, please state the format of your contribution) of no more than 300 words to Harald Sterly (firstname.lastname@example.org), Aree Jampaklay (email@example.com), CC Svenja Enge.
Looking very much forward to your contributions!
Download the official Call for Papers including all details here: http://www.transre.org/index.php/download_file/view/831/525/522/